When in doubt, choose both… who wouldn’t love a hybrid dessert having both the classic chocolate chip cookies as well as Chocolate Brownies?
I know I personally love it and so does many of you who have already tried this recipe and made it not just once, but a couple times over as well.
During quarantine last year, my brothers were in India and they made this recipe many times while also sharing it along with the neighbours there, and up till this day, I still get requests from the ones who tried, to share the recipe for these brookies, which I think is crazy.
I found this recipe somewhere online after a good research. Unfortunately I can’t recall the exact website or else I would’ve definitely credited them for this amazing recipe.
It’s tried and tested, and a must if you want some gooey mix of cookies and brownies in every bite. Just soo good!
BrookiesCourse: DessertsDifficulty: Easy
- Brownie Layer
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1 cup white sugar
1/8 tsp salt
1tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/4 tsp Baking powder
- Cookie Layer
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup light brown Sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp Baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- For the brownies, melt the butter and then stir in cocoa powder. Whisk in sugar and the salt. Then, add the eggs and vanilla, beat well.
- Add the flour and baking powder, mix until its evenly mixed and ready.
- Spread the brownie batter into a thin, even layer on a greased baking pan about 9x9inches in size.
- For the cookie dough, cream the butter, and sugars on high for a few minutes until light and fluffy, scraping the bowl down as needed.
- Mix in the vanilla and egg. Add the flour, baking soda and salt, then mix until combined.
- Fold in your chocolate chips into the cookie batter, reserve a handful to put on top.
- Carefully add the cookie layer on top of the brownie layer. Does not need to be perfectly covered, add the reserved chocolate chips on top.
- Cover with foil and bake in a pre-heated 180 degrees C oven for 20 min then bake another 20 min uncovered.
- Let it cool for 20 minutes after baked, remove from pan, slice and serve!