Are you bored of people telling you that avocado in sweets, taste nothing like avocado and then when you try it out it tastes just plain bad?
Well guess what, you don’t have to worry about that anymore. This, my friends, is the perfect, healthy and so so delicious cookies made with the hidden ingredient; Avocado.
I tried so many different avocado cookie recipes earlier, and none of them satisfied me like this particular one did. Although i wouldn’t say this tastes nothing like avocado, it tastes fairly different than normal chocolate cookies but i am so in love with them.
These cookies are great as a healthier alternative when looking for something sweeter without the overdose of refined sugar.
Chocolate Avocado CookiesCourse: SnacksDifficulty: Easy
1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup cacao/cocoa powder
2/3rd cup brown sugar
1/3rd cup oats
1 tsp cinnamon powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup coconut oil (room temp)
2/3rd cup milk
1 ripe Avocado
1/2 cup Chocolate chips (more or less, depending on your liking)
- Preheat oven to 180oC and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together flour, cacao powder, brown sugar, oats and cinnamon in a medium sized bowl.
- In another bowl mash the avocado using a fork and then add the rest of the wet ingredients and whisk. For perfect results, you can use a blender.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix with a wooden spatula until well combined.
- Make balls out of it, an inch in diameter and lay them down on the greased baking sheet and press them softly. You can now add the chocolate chips on top of each cookie.
- Bake them in the oven for about 10-12 mins.
- Let them cool down for 15 mins and you can have it right away or keep it in an airtight container and have it later.
- These cookies do not rise much so it isn’t necessary to leave a lot of space in between the cookies on the baking sheet.
- If you want it more chocolatey, then mix in additional chocolate chips into the batter before making the balls as well as top with more later.