Chocolate and Strawberries are a royal combination!
You will find it being sold in many gourmet food shops around the world and it’s considered to be perfect for any romantic occasion.
By making these brownies, you are taking it one more step higher, and personally, I think it is the BEST way to enjoy chocolate and strawberry together.
With the luscious chocolate, along with a chewy brownie and fresh strawberries, this dessert tastes like heaven…. no exaggeration!
The recipe is great for beginners since it is really easy to prepare, with just 3 simple layers: Brownie below, strawberries in the middle and chocolate on top.
I can’t wait to see your recreations of this brownie, do share it on instagram with the hashtag #strawberrydesertwonders
Chocolate-coated Strawberry BrowniesCourse: DessertsDifficulty: Easy
- For the Brownie
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
1/2 Tsp coffee powder
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
2 Tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 Tsp salt
1/4 Tsp baking powder
2 cups strawberries, halved (or diced)
- For the Chocolate Ganache
300gm semi-sweet chocolate, chopped (or around 2 and a 1/2 cups)
1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C and prepare an 8x8inch baking pan, with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the melted butter with coffee powder and the sugars.
- Whisk in the eggs, one at a time followed by the vanilla extract. Keep the speed high until the mixture becomes slightly pale.
- Sift in all the dry ingredients; cocoa, flour, salt and baking powder. Stir until well combined.
- Pour in a prepared baking pan and bake for about 25-30minutes.
- After it’s baked, let it cool completely for atleast 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile you can chop the strawberries and make the ganache.
- For the ganache, just heat the heavy cream to a small boil and pour it over the chopped chocolate. Let it sit for 5min and then whisk it until you get a smooth chocolate ganache. Let this cool as well before assembling.
- After the brownie and ganache is cool, put a layer of strawberries on top of the brownie, inside the baking pan.
- Pour ganache on top, let it sit in the fridge until the chocolate sets and then slice up into squares and enjoy!