A filling breakfast is essential and what better way than with this delicious chocolate granola. I love homemade granola much more than store-bought ones, it is definitely much healthier as well.
The best thing about it is you can make it in less than an hour and can store it for about a week.
Having a batch of these ready at hand will definitely give you a quick on-the-go breakfast or something to munch on during snack-time or even as a dessert (Not kidding! )
And the best part is the fact that you can use quick oats for this recipe. Rolled oats aren’t always easily available everywhere and you’d notice they are slightly more expensive as per my experience. So it can come really handy to make large batches of granola using quick oats instead.
You will have to try it for yourself o find out how amazing it is!
Chocolate GranolaCourse: BreakfastDifficulty: Easy
4 tbsp coconut oil, melted
1/4 cup cacao powder
1/4 cup dark brown sugar
1/3 cup agave syrup or honey
1/4 tsp salt
3 cups quick oats
1/3 cup shredded coconut
50gm dark chocolate bar, chopped into chunks
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 180oC.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or greese it using vegetable oil of choice.
- In a mixing bowl, add the coconut oil, cacao powder, brown sugar, agave and salt. Mix them until well combined using a spatula.
- Add in the oats and mix it until the wet mixture is evenly covering the oat granules.
- Add in the shredded coconut and mix it in evenly.
- Pour the oats mixture in the baking sheet and put it in the oven with the timer at 20 minutes.
- After 10 minutes of baking, take the baking sheet out and using a fork just run across the granola such that the oat granules which got roasted on the top goes below and the granules which were below comes on top. (This step will help get all your granola get evenly roasted)
- Spread the chopped walnuts on the baking sheet and let it roast along with the granola.
- After it is baked for a complete of 20 minutes, take it out of the oven and let it cool for another 10 minutes.
- After it is cooled, you can add in the chocolate chunks in the granola.
- You can now indulge in this delicacy or store it in an air-tight container for later consumption.