Hands down, the BEST CHOCOLATE ROLLS you would ever make!
Soft, fluffy dough filled with two layers of chocolate and topped with a delicious cream cheese frosting (and more chocolate, if you’re extra like me).
It’s one of my favourite things to bake especially during the winter months, when the weather is cooler and this sets as the perfect side to have with my coffee or hot chocolate.
Cinammon Rolls is a classic, and I would always love it but when you wanna spice things down a little, Chocolate can be an amazing alternative.
It’s a dessert that would be loved by both kids and adults alike and also, comparatively very easy to prepare as well.
I can totally continue raving about how good these are, but it’s best you try it for yourself and find out why I am so hyped about sharing this with you all and don’t forget to tell me what you think!
Chocolate Rolls with Cream Cheese FrostingCourse: DessertDifficulty: Easy
2 1/4 Tsp active dry yeast
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup water, lukewarm
3/4 cup warm whole milk
3 and 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 Tsp salt
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
Nutella or similar Chocolate Spread (as much as you like)
1 cup Chocolate chips (add more or less , as preferred)
- For Cream Cheese Frosting
115gm cream cheese, full fat
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1 Tsp vanilla extract
1-3 Tbsp milk (as required)
- In a bowl of a stand mixer or a medium sized bowl, stir in the yeast and sugar together. Set aside.
- Mix together the water and milk in a small pot and heat it until it is about 115°F or 46°C in temperature. Pour it over the yeast and let it sit for about 10 minutes until you see bubbles popping on the top.
- Add in the flour, salt, butter and egg into the bowl and using a dough hook attachment of a stand mixer or by hand, start making the dough, knead it very well until you get a smooth ball. May take about 10-20 minutes.
- Spread a little vegetable oil around the dough, keep it in a covered bowl for about an hour or two until it doubles in size.
- After it doubles in size, punch it down and transfer it to a floured surface.
- Roll dough into a large rectangle sheet, approximately 1 cm thick.
- Generously spread a layer of Chocolate cream on top of the dough, Sprinkle evenly the chocolate chips on the spread. You can add as much as you want.
- Start rolling the dough from the longest side until it forms into a log. Using a serrated knife, slice up the log into rolls approx 2 inch slice each.
- Grease a large pan with butter and add the rolls into it, swirl side facing up. Cover and rest for another 30minutes. until it doubles in volume.
- Bake in a preheated 180°C oven for about 30minutes.
- Meanwhile create the cream cheese frosting by whisking the cream cheese, powdered sugar and Vanilla extract together, add the milk one tablespoon at a time until you get the perfect consistency: smooth, thick yet slightly flowy.
- Add the cream cheese frosting on top of the baked chocolate rolls, also add additional chocolate if you like and serve!