Soft, fluffy doughnuts covered with sugar and stuffed with a delicious custard cream, truly an amazing sweet which you have to try out!
This is possibly the best ever doughnut recipe which I came across online, it was posted by a Korean youtuber and so far I’ve tried it multiple times and have got some really successful doughnuts using this adapted recipe.
I’ve also had this recipe tried out by many of my Instagram followers who loved it just as much as I did.
You can really be creative with this, use cookie cutters to shape it like flowers or hearts, or maybe fill it with nutella or a fruity jam and you could even have a chocolate ganache icing on top. Make it the way that suits you and your taste buds the best.
I filled mine with a homemade diplomat cream, which is basically custard or pastry cream mixed with whipped cream… find the recipe for that here.
In this post you can find all about how to make these simple, fluffy doughnuts below!
Cream filled DoughnutsCourse: Dessert, BreakfastDifficulty: Medium
200ml warm milk
1 Tbsp instant yeast
1/4 cup sugar
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 Tsp salt
50gm unsalted butter, softened
Granulated sugar, for coating
Vanilla custard cream (or any other filling of choice)
- In a bowl, mix together the milk, yeast and sugar. Keep aside for 10mins, it should start forming bubbles on top.
- In another bowl, stir the flour and salt together, followed by the activated yeast mixture and start kneading. (i do this using a stand mixer for best results)
- Once the dough starts coming together, incorporate the eggs in, one at a time.
- Add butter and continue kneading until you get a smooth ball of dough. (Takes about 5min with a stand mixer, 15min with hand)
- In a lightly greased bowl, cover and let the dough rise, approximately an hour or until it doubles in size.
- After it rises, punch down the dough, transfer it to a floured surface, knead it a bit more and then roll it into a large sheet, with 1cm thickness.
- Using a round cookie cutter or a glass, cut out circles from the dough.
- Continue rolling the dough repeatedly and cutting circles until you finish the base dough. Cover it all with a towel and let rise again for about 30min.
- Heat vegetable oil and deep fry the doughnuts until golden brown on both sides.
- Remove the fried doughnut and directly add it to a plate of sugar and coat it on all sides.
- Using a sharp knife, make a small slit in the side of the doughnut and using a piping bag, fill it with custard or cream of your choice.
- Continue the same until all your doughnuts are ready and enjoy them fresh!