Cookies are filling and makes for a great snack, because of which I always love having a fresh batch stored in a cookie jar, which I can munch on at any time all day, especially during the afternoons.
These are also chewy and so so yumm, the perfect pair with a cup of warm or cold milk. For an added crunch, I have mixed in some chopped Pecans in these cookies, which you can feel free to leave aside if you aren’t a fan of nuts.
If these pictures don’t say it themselves, let me tell you. Regardless of age, I am sure both kids and adults alike will love to devour these beauties and everyone at home will thankyou for making them, it’s a sure winner!
Double Chocolate Chip CookiesCourse: SnacksDifficulty: Easy
2 ¼ cup all purpose flour
½ cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup brown sugar
½ cup white granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 cup of chocolate chips of choice
½ cup of Pecans, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180ºC and grease a baking sheet or line it with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, add in the vegetable oil, white and brown sugars and microwave for a minute and mix it with a fork.
- When the wet mixture has cooled a bit, add in the eggs, one at a time and mix until well blended.
- Add the dry flour mixture in the wet mixture and stir it until it’s evenly mixed and forms a nice dough.
- Mix in the chocolate chips and pecans into the cookie dough.
- Make balls, (1 inch in diameter) out of the dough and keep them on the baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies for around 10-12 minutes.
- After it’s baked let the cookies cool down for a couple minutes and then you can store them in a cookie jar/ airtight container or enjoy fresh out of the oven.
- Don’t overbake the cookies, that will make them hard. Once you notice the sides of the cookies firm up a little, they can be taken out of the oven, they will gradually firm up further.