Pancakes have long been my obsession. Ever since I was 16 and just started my personal food page on Instagram, I loved making them.
They were my weekend ritual. Every Friday morning I used to get up before everyone else at home did, and whip these delicious beauties. I enjoyed experimenting with different pancake recipes and I have tried many crazy varieties and combinations.
Some turned fantastic, some not so much, but in the end I learned the process of actually getting a good pancake. Every. Single. Time.
It’s essential that they fluff up well, which enables them to be light and soft. This can only happen when your batter have the right amount of every ingredient.
With this recipe, you are guaranteed to get great results effortlessly. You can trust me on that.
Make sure to try it for yourself and tell me what you think!
I enjoyed mine with some butter, maple syrup and fruits. What are your favourite pancake toppings?
Make sure to share your pictures using the hashtag #strawberrydesertwonders on Instagram or Facebook.
My regular Simple and Fluffy PancakesCourse: BreakfastDifficulty: Easy
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 Tsp baking powder
1 Tsp baking soda
Pinch of salt
Pinch of cinnamon powder
2 Tbsp white sugar
3/4 cup milk
1 large egg, beaten
2 Tbsp unsalted Butter, melted (or vegetable oil)
1 Tsp pure vanilla extract
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients: Flour, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, Salt, Cinnamon and Sugar.
- Add and whisk in all the wet ingredients: Milk, Egg, Butter and Vanilla Extract. The batter is now ready, a little lumps are normal!
- Heat a frying pan to medium-high. Grease with a little butter/vegetable oil.
- Pour about 1/4 cup batter for one pancake, flip after it starts forming bubbles on top and cook until both sides are golden brown. Repeat for entire batter.
- Serve warm with your choice of toppings. You can be as creative as you’d like or keep it classic with some butter and maple syrup.