Who would’ve assumed the combination of Broccoli and grapes with a yoghurt dressing would work so well together? But it does. And it’s amazing!
It’s a salad that my mum probably makes in every family gathering, especially in the summers. It is refreshing and much loved by all. I finally got the recipe from her, which is quite simple.
Although, unlike most broccoli salads, we do not just mix in plain broccoli florets here. The broccoli has an enhanced flavour as it’s initially roasted along with some garlic and other seasoning. This also gives it a much beautiful colour.
The other add-ins include cucumber and finely cut onions, you can also add some proteins, nuts as well as similar veggies that you like. The huge amount of dressing is what makes it perfect for summer.
We often have this with any kind of rice or bread along with other meat and curries. However this can be a stand alone meal as well.
Can’t wait to see how you end up making it, do share your pictures with the hashtag #strawberrydesertwonders on Instagram or Facebook.
Refreshing Broccoli Grape SaladCourse: Dinner, RecipesDifficulty: Easy
1large salad bowl
2 cups grapes (preferably red or green, cut into halves or quarters)
1 small-medium sized broccoli, cut into florets
For roasting Broccoli (oil + 4-5 minced garlic cloves + chilli flakes + oregano + salt, measurements to taste)
4 medium cucumbers, diced
1 small onion, finely chopped
- For Dressing
3/4 cup mayonnaise
2 cups yoghurt
1 Tbsp sugar
Salt, to taste
1/2 Tsp black pepper
- Start by pan-roasting the Broccoli by heating a large frying pan. Add in a couple tablespoons of oil with the minced garlic and stir in the broccoli florets once heated.
- Keep stirring until the broccoli turns into a bright green colour and roasted evenly. Turn off flame and season it with chilli flakes, oregano and salt.
- In a large salad bowl, create the dressing by mixing all the dressing ingredients: mayonnaise, yoghurt, sugar, salt and pepper. Add a little water or lime juice if it’s too thick.
- Mix in the roasted and cooled Broccoli, chopped grapes, cucumber and onion into the bowl of the yoghurt dressing.
- Serve and Enjoy….To store, keep it in an air-tight container insider the fridge for upto 3 days.
Pingback: Spicy Pumpkin shaped Cheese Ball - Strawberry in the Desert