It’s crazy the amount of times I have attempted to create Chocolate Lava Cake and ended up having barely any amount of chocolate oozing out.
However, luckily for you and for me, I can guarantee you, this recipe is a complete game-changer!
It’s so rich, gooey, chocolate-y, one of the best for sure.
Just a few tips: When making this, ensure you use good quality chocolate because the taste and texture depends heavily on the kind of chocolate you use, and don’t overbake them.
I think overbaking was one of the biggest mistakes I used to do, which is why I mostly ended up with something like a Chocolate soufflé than a runny lava cake.
Another thing to keep in mind is that your oven needs to be at a higher temperature setting, to ensure the outsides of your cake bake fully and faster, leaving the insides molten.
As long as you keep those basic things in mind, you’ll find out making them is actually much easier than it seems.
With the festive season and winter coming up, this can be your perfect go-to dessert eaten hot with your favourite Ice cream whenever you crave to dive into chocolate ecstasy!
Chocolate Molten Lava CakeCourse: DessertDifficulty: Easy
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 cup bittersweet chocolate (chocolate chips or bar, cut into chunks)
1/2 Tsp instant expresso powder
2 eggs + 2 egg yolks
1/4 cup sugar
1 pinch salt
2 Tbsp flour
- Preheat oven to 230°C. Grease ramekins with butter and lightly dust them with flour.
- Melt the butter and chocolate together on low heat in a double boiler. Whisk until smooth. Remove from heat and mix in expresso powder.
- In a bowl, add 2 eggs and 2 egg yolks. Whisk it lightly with an electric beater. Add salt and sugar and beat for about 4-5 minutes or until it thickens and turn pale.
- Fold in the chocolate and flour into the egg mixture.
- Divide batter into the prepared ramekins. Transfer them to a baking tray and bake in the oven for about 8-12minutes. It may take longer or shorter span of time depending on the oven and the size of your ramekins.
- Once the sides of your cake is firm, take it out of the oven and let it cool for a minute before you invert it on your serving plate.
- Top it with some powdered sugar and serve immediately with your favourite icecream (optional).