Cookie cereal, pancake cereal, doughnut cereal, croissant cereal, cinammon rolls cereal… the list really goes on and on.
It’s one of those things that remind me of the quarantine months, coming only second to the in-famous Dalgona coffee that broke the internet this year in 2020.
Although it was a short-lived trend, I find these whole wheat cookie cereal to be worth making anytime throughout the year.
Typically, these are just mini cookies eaten with milk, you can obviously make them any size you like and have it just as it is but devouring it like a cereal makes it a lil’ more fun!
These Chocolate chip cookie cereal can be super filling, one big bowl of it can easily be shared by 2-3 individuals, it counts as an easy breakfast or snack to indulge in and keeping a batch of these stored in a jar could come really handy when the sweet cravings kick in.
Whole wheat Cookie CerealCourse: Breakfast, SnacksDifficulty: Easy
160g butter, melted
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 Tbsp Milk (optional: add only if the dough is too dry)
1/2 cup Chocolate chips
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the sugars and butter using a whisk.
- Add in the egg and vanilla syrup, whisk until well incorporated.
- Add in the flour, baking powder and salt, stir it in with a spatula or even a fork works.
- If the dough feels too dry, add the milk to make it a little smoother… the dough should be knead-able.
- You can stir the chocolate chips into this dough, or you can top it on each cookie after forming mini cookie-shaped balls (or both)
- Bake for about 10 minutes, until the sides are slightly firmer and then let it cool for a couple minutes before you pour in some milk and indulge.
Alternatively you can store it in an airtight container until you serve.
- These cookies don’t spread or rise much in my experience, so about 1-2cm distance between each cookie on the baking sheet is enough.