My aunt gifted me a bottle of walnut oil a while ago and in the beginning, I was a bit confused on what I could use them for but later, after some research, I knew I just had to try them inside a chocolate cake and find out how that turns out.
So one day, I decided to make a Banana bread since we had some ripe bananas at home, attempted to experiment with the recipe using walnut oil and absolutely fell in love with the result.
I have also made it a couple of times again after that and I am sure you will love the richness of this Banana bread just as much as I do.
The texture is comparatively dense but very different to a cake made with butter. The walnut oil really brings out the chocolate flavour and with additional chocolate chunks and walnuts mixed in, you wouldn’t be able to leave with just one slice.
If you do not have walnut oil, no worries, try this recipe with Olive Oil instead and I’m sure your Banana bread will turn out just as good!
Chocolate Banana Bread with Walnut OilCourse: DessertDifficulty: Easy
1 1/2 cups mashed banana, (about 3 large bananas)
2 large eggs
1/3 cup walnut oil
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup Greek Yoghurt (full fat)
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
3/4 Tsp baking soda
3/4 Tsp salt
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chunks (optional)
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- I started by mashing the Bananas, followed by whisking in the eggs, walnut oil as well as sugar together.
- After they are mixed well, I added in the yoghurt and vanilla, whisked again until perfectly combined. Set aside.
- In another bowl, stir together the dry ingredients: flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
- Sift in the dry ingredients into the wet mixture and stir together until evenly combined.
- Add in the mix ins, Chocolate chunks and walnuts. Keep some aside to put on top.
- Pour in a greased loaf pan, top with the walnuts and chocolate chunks you kept aside and bake for about 55-60 minutes.
- Once it is baked, let it cool for at least 20 minutes and then slice it up!
Pingback: Chocolate chip Banana Bread - Strawberry in the Desert