Stuffed with chocolate chips, this Banana bread is soft and moist. You are sure to find a chocolate chip in each and every bite. I honestly don’t think there is a better way to use overripe bananas. This is literally one of the best banana loaf cakes you can try!
It is quick and easy to make, and you’ll have an incredibly delicious loaf ready to eat, in no time.
This is another recipe added to my go-to baking with Banana list, after my Double Chocolate Banana Bread. It has been one of my most loved recipes at home and by my Instagram followers for years now. This Chocolate chip Banana bread is inspired by that same recipe and the result is fantastic.
It has enough banana flavour, a hint of cinnamon and a whole lot of chocolate. I am sure you all will love the taste of this Banana loaf cake.
Tips for achieving the best Banana Bread
- Use very ripe or overripe bananas. These tend to be softer, easier to incorporate and they are also sweeter in taste with a strong flavour of banana.
- Do not over beat the batter. Mix batter until just combined, over beating will make your cake rubbery and dense, and trust me, you don’t want that.
- Do not over or under bake. Let your banana loaf bake in the oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. It might be tempting to take it out sooner, but this cake does take almost an hour. Patience is key for a perfect banana bread.
- If the top crust starts browning before it is baked all the way through, cover it with aluminum foil and continue baking as usual.
Other Banana based recipes you will love: Chocolate Walnut and Banana Bread, Breakfast Banana Split, Banana Oatmeal Pancakes
How to turn this into a Healthy Banana Bread Recipe
The following are some of my ingredient substitution ideas and tips for a healthier banana bread:
- Opt for organic wholewheat flour or spelt flour if you want to skip using all-purpose flour.
- You can decrease the amount of sugar, especially when using ripe bananas as they have their own natural sweetness. Also, you could alternate white sugar for maple syrup or honey in the same measurement or to your taste.
- Substitute butter for a high-quality vegetable oil, melted coconut oil or extra virgin olive oil.
- This is a chocolate chip cake recipe, so I wouldn’t suggest skipping the chocolate, but you can do so if you like. Rather, I suggest using organic unsweetened chocolate chips or chocolate bar, cut into chunks.
If you are someone like me, and don’t mind a little sugar in the morning, then this can be a nice treat to have with your breakfast or morning coffee.
I personally like to make and enjoy it fresh out of the oven, but you can make ahead and/or save some for later. To freeze, you can either cling wrap the entire cake or individual slices. Store it in the freezer for upto 4months.
I have no doubt that you all will love this recipe. It’s so daamn delicious. Now without any further waiting, go on and get baking!
RECIPE for Chocolate chip Banana Bread:
Chocolate chip Banana BreadCourse: DessertDifficulty: Easy
1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 Tsp baking soda
1/2 Tsp baking powder
1 Tsp cinnamon powder
1/2 Tsp salt (omit if using salted butter)
2 eggs, at room temperature
1/2 cup white sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup butter, melted
3 ripe bananas, mashed (with fork or pureed in a blender)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 and half cup semisweet chocolate chips (or chunks)
- In a mixing bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, start by beating the eggs with the sugars using an electric mixer or whisk, until it becomes pale in colour and the sugar is dissolved in. Add butter and beat again. Stir in the mashed banana and vanilla extract.
- Fold in the dry flour mixture into the wet batter. Once it is well incorporated, mix in the chocolate chips/chunks. Preferably, you can set aside a handful of chocolate for the topping.
- Grease a deep 5 or 6inch loaf pan using butter spray, butter or vegetable oil and then pour in the batter evenly into it. Sprinkle on top the leftover chocolate chips/chunks.
- In a preheated oven at 180°C, bake for 55-60minutes in the middle rack until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cover with aluminum foil on top, if you notice the top crust browning up before it is baked all the way through, continue baking as usual.
- Once baked, let it cool in the pan for 20minutes, then loosen it out of the pan carefully and let cool completely on a wire rack. Slice and enjoy!