Just a couple months back, we saw Banana breads trending crazy on all social media platforms.
It was one of the baked items A LOT of people worldwide enjoyed making this year while staying at home during the lockdowns.
Being a quick, easy and flexible cake which can be altered in so many different ways, I am not surprised why people love Banana breads so much.
However, this Double Chocolate Banana bread, has my heart!
It’s been my most loved Banana bread recipes for years now. It is dense, rich with chocolate and has the right amount of Banana flavour, sure makes for a perfect accompaniment during teatime.
Would really recommend you to try it out and don’t forget to comment below, letting me know what you think!
Double Chocolate Banana BreadCourse: DessertDifficulty: Easy
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 Tsp baking soda
1/2 Tsp baking powder
1/2 Tsp salt
1/2 cup white sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup butter, melted
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips/chunks
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350F or 180C and lightly grease a 9 X 5 inch loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- In another bowl, mash the bananas with a fork. Add the butter, sugars, eggs, vanilla extract and mix it using an electric beater.
- With mixer on low speed incorporate the flour mixture in the banana mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips/chunks (Keep a few aside, for topping).
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and sprinkle with a little more chocolate chips/chunks on top.
- Bake for about 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, and then cool completely onto a cooling rack before you slice it and serve.
Have tried this couple of times and i absolutely love making and having this yummy goodness,one of my fave recipe to bake.
One of my favourites too…. thankyouu! 🙂
Pingback: Chocolate chip Banana Bread - Strawberry in the Desert