Banana splits always look so fancy and I loved the idea of making a healthier version that would be perfect for breakfast or as a sweet treat for any time of the day.
They are so easy to make, and the fresh Açaí makes it a cool, refreshing treat to enjoy, especially during the summer.
Açaí is a popular superfood that is rich in antioxidants. It is said to be good for your brain, heart and have many other health benefits.
One of the questions I get about Açaí often, is “Do they actually taste good?” and for those of you who haven’t tried it yet, YES! One spoon and you’ll be hooked. Trust me, especially if you are already a fan of fruits.
Açaí in a Banana split version is a brilliant idea, I loved mine with fresh berries and some homemade granola. You can get the recipe for my Regular granola or Chocolate granola on the website.
Here are some of my other topping suggestions you can try out:
- Fresh tropical fruits: mango, passionfruit, dragon fruit, kiwi and so on.
- Roasted nuts: Pecans, Walnuts, Slivered almonds, Pine nuts etc.
- Cacao Nibs
- Coconut Flakes or desiccated coconut
- Drizzle of melted nut butter or chocolate.
- Raw or roasted seeds: Pumpkin seeds, Sunflower seeds, Chia seeds etc.
Do try out this insta-worthy treat and share your pictures with me by using the #strawberrydesertwonders!
Breakfast Banana Split with AçaíCourse: BreakfastDifficulty: Easy
1 ripe banana
1 packet (100gm) frozen Acai berry or 2 Tbsp Acai powder
1 frozen banana, sliced
½ cup frozen or fresh berries (of choice-optional)
Toppings of choice: Nuts, Fruits, Granola, coconut flakes, Chia seeds etc.
- In a high powered blender, add the frozen sliced banana, acai powder or puree and the berries. Blend with intervals, scraping off the sides until you get a smooth consistency.
- In a banana split dish or any plate, slice and arrange the fresh, ripe banana facing each other. Scoop out the Acai from the blender and put it in the middle of the sliced bananas.
- Add the topping of your choice and Indulge!
Pingback: Chocolate chip Banana Bread - Strawberry in the Desert