Having a jar full of homemade granola in your pantry, will come real handy whenever you are looking for a quick breakfast, dinner or a snack option, which is quite filling as well.
Not only do they taste absolutely amazing, these are also much healthier than your store-bought granolas, which are more often than not, filled with refined sugars and preservatives among other nasty things.
I have heard that these can be stocked for more than a month in an air tight container at room temperature, since granola in general does not get spoilt too fast. Although to be frank, they always get over within a week or two in my house.
I have made these a thousand times and they come out really well, the recipe is very flexible. You can opt for your choice of nuts and seeds, as many varieties as you’d like or even mix in some additional raisins or chocolate chips as per your liking.
If you like this one and want to try something different, do check out my Chocolate Granola recipe. It’s another one of my favourites!
Healthy and Delicious homemade GranolaCourse: Breakfast, SnacksDifficulty: Easy
3 cups quick oats (or rolled oats)
1 1/4 cup shredded coconut
1 1/4 cup chopped nuts of choice (pecans, walnuts, cashews, slivered almonds)
1/3 cup seeds of choice (pumpkin or sunflower seeds)
1/4 cup ground flax seeds
1/2 cup liquid sweetener (honey, maple syrup or agave nectar)
1/3 cup vegetable or nut-based oil (preferably coconut oil, olive oil or walnut oil)
1/2 Tsp salt
1 cup dried fruits or chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°C and lightly grease a baking tray with vegetable oil and/or use a parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, stir the oats, shredded coconut, nuts and seeds of choice and grounded flax seeds.
- Follow by evenly mixing in the sweetener, vegetable/nut oil and salt into the oat mixture.
- Evenly spread this mixture into the prepared baking tray and bake on the low or middle rack for 20-30mins.
- While it’s baking, remove it from the oven midway and stir it around, to ensure all the sides get a beautiful golden colour, and put it back in the oven. I do this step twice for better result, although once also works.
- After it’s all golden brown in colour, turn off the oven. You can now add in dried fruits or chocolate chips if you want.
- Let it cool completely, about 40mins. You can store it in an airtight container at room temperature.
- Enjoy with milk, youghurt or even with a smoothie bowl.