Mousse-like consistency with a rich cream cheese flavour, these mango cheesecake cups are an absolute favourite of mine.
They are fairly easy to make and not too easy to mess up. I am sure you would enjoy trying these delicious mini dessert cups.
The recipe is similar to the Lotus Cheesecake cups I made last year but unique in it’s own way. These mango cheesecake cups require only four ingredients, cream cheese, whipped cream, sugar and fresh mango pulp. I love making them for parties or sending to friends and family.
This dessert also happens to be the first dish that I made for my then-fiancé-now-husband. And you know how they say, the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach? I think I got him pretty good with this one.
My husband absolutely loved it and if you have a loved one who is crazy about mangoes, you must treat them with this. If YOU are the crazy one in love with mangoes, then go ahead and make this mini dessert cup all for yourself. It’s a no judgement zone here!
I often layer my mango cheesecake cups with crumbled biscuits and fresh mangoes, sometimes even walnuts. You can layer it with whatever you like best. Vanilla cake, mango jelly, mixed fruits or even melted dark chocolate. These are great options that go with the mango cream.
I have also previously used this cream for making a mango cheesecake trifle, and it was very much enjoyed by everyone at home. If you’re feeling fancy, get creative and make a trifle!
I really cannot get enough of them!
With mangoes currently in season, I am in a state of mango mania and I can’t wait to come up with more Mango-based recipes soon. Until then, I hope you enjoy this one!
RECIPE for Mango Cheesecake cups:
Mango Cheesecake CupsCourse: DessertsDifficulty: Easy
280gm cream cheese
3/4 cup white sugar (add more if your mangoes aren’t as sweet)
Pulp of 2 large mangoes
2 cups whipping cream
- In a medium-large bowl, add in heavy whipping cream and whip it using an electric beater until it forms soft peaks, around 8-9mins. Set aside.
- In another bowl, add your cream cheese and white sugar and using the same electric beater, cream them together until it turns light and fluffy. Around 5mins.
- Add the mango pulp and beat until well incorporated into the cream cheese mixture.
- Using a spatula, fold in the whipped cream into the cream cheese mix. Once it’s evenly combined, divide them into cups of your choice.
- You may layer it with the base and topping you desire. I used digestive crumbs for the base and fresh mango and blueberries on top with a mint leaf to add colour.
- Keep refrigerated for at least 2 hours and serve chilled.
- OPTIONAL: If you want to ensure that your mango cheesecake cups set well and firm, you can add about 1Tsp of Gelatin or Agar Agar powder. Let the gelatin bloom according to package instructions and mix in the liquified gelatin into the cream.
- For best results, add your garnish on top just before serving.