Love hot fluffy pancakes but want to make it without all the effort needed by regular soft ones? Then, these fluffy sheet pancakes are just right for you!
I made this as a special Eid breakfast last weekend. They were filled with peaches and blueberries. A great fruity combination, and yes it can be filled with absolutely anything you like.
My favourite thing about them is that they are ready in just 15minutes of baking. Also you can prep the batter in advance, and store it in the fridge until you want to bake. So when you wake up in the morning, there isn’t really much to do apart from pouring the batter in a baking pan, adding some toppings and baking it!
I made it again just some day back with swirled up Nutella on top, drool-worthy good!
Here are some topping ideas for your sheet pancakes:
- Fruits: Berries, Banana, Mango, Nectarines, Apples etc.
- Nuts: Pecans, Walnuts, Slivered almonds
- Chocolate chips, chocolate chunks or drizzle of Nutella/ Melted chocolate
- Lotus Biscoff crumbs and drizzle of melted Biscoff spread
- Assortment of Dried fruits
One tip I would suggest is to have it when it’s freshly baked, the texure is better when it’s warm. It can feel a little stale if you plan on eating it hours after it is ready.
It’s best with a drizzle of maple syrup, butter or maybe even some chocolate spread!
Fluffy Sheet PancakesCourse: BreakfastDifficulty: Easy
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 Tsp baking powder
1 1/2 Tsp baking soda
Pinch of salt
4 Tbsp white sugar
1 1/2 cup milk
2 large eggs (or 3 small), beaten
4 Tbsp unsalted Butter, melted (or vegetable oil)
1 Tsp pure vanilla extract
Toppings of Choice + Sprinkle of sugar
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients: Flour, Baking Powder and Soda, Salt and Sugar.
- In another bowl, add and whisk all the wet ingredients: Milk, Egg, Butter and Vanilla Extract.
- Transfer dry ingredients into the wet ingredient bowl in two batches, stirring until combined. The batter is now ready!
- Grease a large baking sheet with butter and/or baking spray, pour in the batter, add your choice of toppings and sprinkle some sugar to get a slightly browned, caramelized layer on top.
- Transfer the sheet into a Preheated oven at 220°C and bake for about 15minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- After it is baked, slice them up into serving size squares and have it fresh with maple syrup or anything you desire!