Who wouldn’t want to indulge in two, perfectly decadent chocolate cookies on a cheat day, all by themselves? Seriously, I ain’t judging!
While I am labeling this as a cookie “for one”, I do want to make it clear that this recipe yields two large sized cookies. You may share it with a loved one if you will or if your will ain’t strong enough, then it’s totally okay to have it all by yourself!
These double chocolate chip cookies are so indulgent, firm on the outside while they remain soft and gooey in the middle. They are excessively stuffed with chocolate chips and I am sure no one will complain about that. Am I right or am I right?
I found this recipe posted on Broma Bakery . I tried it immediately and needless to say I was in love. I knew you guys would enjoy devouring them too, so couldn’t help myself from sharing Sarah’s recipe here.
In the past few years, I have experimented with a lot of different types of cookies. Oatmeal Chocolate chip cookies and another simpler Double Chocolate Cookies, are some of the favourite’s at our home. This death by chocolate cookie is now up on the list, as well!
When should you make a batch of these?
I don’t really think we need an excuse for baking cookies, but just for fun, let me share when is the best time to make this small-batch cookies:
- When you don’t have the time nor the ingredients to make a large batch
- When you’re home alone and getting those sweet cravings
- When it’s your cheat day and you want to indulge
- When you want to make something romantic for your significant other. Bonus tip; serve it warm with icecream!
- When you’re dealing with PMS cravings. It’s okay once in a while
- Whenever you feel like it. Basically RIGHT NOW!
I hope those were some good enough reasons for you to get your whisks out. Now, get baking and do not miss out on these absolutely amazing Death by Chocolate cookies for one.
After you try this, and you are craving for something a little more extra, try my Brookies recipe. It is typically a combination of cookie and brownies and if you like these cookies, you will love some Brookies too!
RECIPE for Death by Chocolate Cookies for One:
Death by Chocolate Cookie for OneCourse: DessertDifficulty: Easy
2 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
4 Tbsp brown sugar
1 egg yolk
1/4 Tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 Tbsp Dutch processed cocoa powder
1/8 Tsp baking soda
1/8 Tsp salt
4 Tbsp all purpose flour
3 Tbsp semisweet chocolate chips
- In a bowl, whisk together melted butter and brown sugar until the sugar dissolves in the butter.
- Add egg yolk and vanilla extract. Continue whisking.
- Add in cocoa powder, baking soda, salt and flour. Mix well and then add in chocolate chips.
- Make two balls with the cookie dough. Bake for about 10-12mins at 180°C.
- Once baked, allow it to cool for 10minutes to set and then enjoy!
- For an enhanced texture and flavour, you can freeze the cookie dough balls overnight and bake it the next day.