Possibly THE BEST THING you can make with your usual Kurkure chips, you will love this recipe for Kurkure chaat.
It’s a 2 minute chaat recipe which you can easily make at home. Some people even refer to it as Kurkure Bhel. It is a very simple Indian snack recipe and if you love chaat in general, you are going to love this too.
I actually heard about this from my sister a few months back. She was gearing for her school’s cooking without fire competition, and this was one of the recipes she decided to make.
I really liked the idea and the pictures of the chaat they made at school was very tempting.
She later made a batch at home, and all of us were hooked. During my recent trip to India, I stocked up with a handful of Kurkure packets and decided to experiment with it myself.
I wanted to keep this recipe simple so that anyone can make it hassle-free, but feel free to include your own variations when making it.
What do you need to make this Indian Chaat?
This is a very simple recipe with ingredients which you may already have at home. Even if you don’t, I think you might be able to find it quite easily at an Indian supermarket or online.
- Kurkure chips- This is the key ingredient in this recipe and you can use any Kurkure flavour of your choice. Find it on Amazon or any major/Indian supermarket in your area. If not, you can use Cheetos as an alternative or even maybe make your own kurkure at home.
- Red onions, tomato and coriander- all chopped.
- Chaat masala, salt and pepper- to flavour it up more.
- Green chutney- You can make it yourself or buy from a store/restaurant.
- Tamarind chutney- You can make it yourself or buy from a store/restaurant.
- Aloo Bhujia (and Lime wedges)- to garnish on top
How to make Kurkure Chaat?
To make Kurkure chaat at home, all you need to do is mix together the Kurkure chips with chopped onion, tomato and coriander. Follow by adding chaat masala, green chutney, salt and pepper.
Toss it well together. Drizzle with Tamarind chutney and sprinkle Aloo Bhujia on top. That is it, and then you can dive in!
More recipes like this: Watermelon chaat, Baby corn manchurian, Honey garlic cauliflower
A delicious Kurkure snack for the days you want to make something quick.
You can double this recipe as much as you’d like depending on the people you are serving or make a plate just for yourself.
Just ensure to eat it quick after the chaat is ready, since it will get soggy after a while and you want to keep it crisp.
If you tried this recipe, do share with your friends and make sure to leave a comment below!
RECIPE for Kurkure Chaat:
Kurkure ChaatCourse: SnacksDifficulty: Easy
1 packet Kurkure chips (75g)
1/2 cup (or one small) red onion, chopped
1/2 cup (or one small) tomato, chopped
1/4 cup chopped coriander
1 Tsp chaat masala
1 Tbsp green chutney
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 Tbsp Tamarind chutney
Aloo Bhujia, for topping
- In a deep serving plate or bowl, add in Kurkure chips, chopped onion, tomato and coriander. Follow by adding chaat masala, green chutney, salt and pepper.
- Toss it all together until evenly mixed. Drizzle up the Tamarind Chutney and sprinkle with Aloo Bhujia. Serve and Enjoy!