Here is an easy Pizookie recipe made with oats, which you can make and indulge in less than 30mins.
It tastes absolutely-phenomenally-good and you just have to try it!
The large one pan cookie has a wonderful texture and a crunch to it. The cookie stays warm and soft on the inside. The addition of chocolate chips make it hard to resist, and the scoops of ice-cream (which is optional btw) is just a cherry on top.
Oh! how I love digging into it right out of the oven. The warmth and gooey-ness of the freshly baked cookie with the cold ice-cream is the perfect combination. It’s hard to get enough of it.
I have made it several times already this week and it always gets over in minutes. My siblings love it at home, and I know you will too!
What is a Pizookie?
If you are still wondering what a Pizookie is, let me explain.
Two things, Pizza and Cookie put together and you get a delicious cookie baked in the form of a Pizza. Basically, a deep dish cookie which can also be called as a Cookie Pizza. You can bake them in a deep dish pizza pan, a round cake pan, or even an iron skillet.
How to make a homemade Pizookie?
Making a Pizookie at home is very simple, and it’s even easier that normal cookies. To make a homemade Cookie Pizza, just prepare the cookie dough as usual and stuff it all in a round baking pan or iron skillet. Press it into an even layer, ensuring there aren’t any gaps in between. Bake until golden brown and enjoy it warm.
More desserts you will love:
I find this Pizookie recipe perfect for a lazy day when you want a dessert that feels warm and cozy. It’s even great as an idea to consider when you’re about to have some friends over and you need a quick dessert to impress. Feel free to double this recipe, if needed.
Serving suggestion: You can slice this cookie into triangles, just like a normal pizza and serve it separately in a plate with a scoop of ice-cream each. Or if you’re wild like us, get the spoons out and scoop it directly from the pan and fight for the last crumb.
Don’t miss out on this easy and delicious comfort dessert. Do tag me in your pictures on Instagram if you try it out!
RECIPE for Oatmeal Chocolate chip Pizookie:
Oatmeal Chocolate chip PizookieCourse: DessertDifficulty: Easy
1 and 1/4 cup quick white oats or rolled oats
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 Tsp baking soda
1/2 Tsp salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 Tsp vanilla extract
1 cup chocolate chips, of your choice
- In a bowl, mix together the dry ingredients- oats, flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, using a hand whisk or an electric beater, beat together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar. Continue for a few minutes until the sugars are dissolved through. Add in the egg and whisk again. Follow by mixing in the vanilla extract.
- Fold in the flour mixture into the wet mixture until they are all well incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips and the cookie dough is ready.
- In a slightly greased 8-inch round baking pan or iron skillet, push in all of your cookie dough until you have an even surface on top and it looks like one large cookie ready to bake.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°C or 350°F for about 20-25mins or until it turns golden brown. Once baked, you can serve it right away with a scoop or two of ice-cream, just be careful not to touch the hot pan with your bare hands. Enjoy!