This beef burger is infused with fresh garlic and herbs that make it very flavourful and delicious. An ultimate winner at our home!
Have you ever observed someone create magic in the kitchen? They just mix in one ingredient after the other and *Abra-CaDabra* you have a tempting meal right in front of you!
This burger is just that. It’s my mum’s version of a homemade beef burger. I love how quickly she whips the raw meat into delicious patties. It’s ready in no time!
To make this, she mixes in all the ingredients into a food processor. Lets it grind for a few minutes until it forms the perfect mince to start making the patties. While my mum doesn’t really measure the ingredients, I have tried my best to quantify this into a recipe that both me and you can refer to easily.
If you don’t have a food processor, you can still try this recipe. Start by finely chopping the herbs, onion and chilli. Mince ginger and garlic. Then, just stir them all with the other ingredients until it’s perfectly combined.
Mixing the ingredients in a bowl is a much more common method used when making burgers than using a processor. However, in order to keep the recipe authentic to how I have seen my mum make it, I will be sticking to the method of using the food processor. (It’s quicker too! *winks*)
Making your own homemade burgers is so much better than buying frozen ones. These tend to be healthier and more filling. Also did I miss something? EXTREMELY DELICIOUS!
Whenever I make these beef burgers, I also bake along my Brioche burger buns that go perfectly well with any burger or sandos.
Really hope you find this recipe quick and simple. For any doubts or questions, feel free to type in the comments below. Enjoy!
Beef Burger infused with Garlic and HerbsCourse: Dinner, Lunch, SnacksDifficulty: Medium
1Kg minced beef
8-9 garlic cloves
2 inch ginger, chopped
1 small onion, cut in half
3-4 small green chillies
1/2 cup fresh parsley
1/2 cup fresh coriander
2 Tsp salt, or to taste
1 1/2 Tsp black pepper
- For Assembling
6-8 Brioche burger buns
6-8 Cheese slices
Burger sauce (Mayonnaise + BBQ sauce)
Lettuce, Tomato sliced, Caramelized Onions (optional)
- In a food processor, add beef, garlic, ginger, onion, green chilies, parsley and coriander. Process until it’s smooth without any large chunks, and evenly mixed together.
- Add an egg, salt & pepper and process for 30secs to a minute to blend it in.
- Transfer the processed beef into a bowl, stir once again to ensure an even mix and divide it into 6-8 parts.
- In a tray lined with parchment paper, create beef patties, lightly press in the middle with your finger tip. Cover with cling and store in the refrigerator for 20minutes before cooking it.
- To cook the burgers, heat an oiled grill on low flame and once its hot enough, add the patties on it. Cook 5minutes on both the sides. You can add a cheese slice directly on the cooked side of the burger patty after flipping.
- Assemble the burger patties into the brioche buns along with the burger sauce, lettuce, tomato and caramelized onions. Enjoy it fresh!